Welcome!

Thanks for joining me in my somewhat busy, crazy, confused and mildy entertaining world!

Thursday 22 September 2011

Day 1 - Something I hate about myself

Well, that's really a hard one. While I am sure many would think it was my weight but in a way it's not. Yes..I am overweight.  Yes...I do consume too much of the wrong food at the wrong times.  Yes...I do not do near enough exercise but this is not what I hate about myself. Hate is such a strong emotion that I actually struggle to find that one thing that I hate about myself.

I dislike my weight, my hair, my amazing ability for procrastination. I don't like the way that I am completely ok with a sink full of dirty dishes or a bookshelf lined with dust. 

Hang on - I got it! I hate that I often have high expectations for my treatment of others and for their treatment of me and I hate that I get bitterly disappointed when my concepts of their treatment of me are dashed. I would like to think that I treat others well and with respect and would do anything for my friends but when this is not reciprocated I struggle to understand why others do not see the world as I do.

So, yes I guess there is something I hate about myself after all but really if that is the only thing that I can think of on this beautiful Spring day and it is something that I can change - then life is pretty bloody good hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment